But the palette that started my obsession with "high" end makeup was this....
The Urban Decay Smoked palette.
I believe I bought it off someone in a swap group and it was brand new.
But I was hooked after that. The colors were awesome. And it came with essentially an instruction booklet which was perfect for a noob like myself.
After using a primer, I used Freestyle all over my lid and up into my crease. It is a great base color to help with blending. It is almost my skin tone so the swatch didn't show up well. Then I used Backdoor in the crease. Barlust all over my lid and Mushroom in the inner corner. And dusted Kinky on to highlight my brow bone.
And voila! This is still one of my favorite palettes even though I have collected so many more.
Here are the rest of the products I used on my face. :)
- Urban Decay Afterglow Blush in Rapture
- Kat Von D Shade & Light palette
- Kat Von D Alchemist palette
- Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer in Light 16
- Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder (travel size)
- TheBalm Mad Lash
- Bobbi Brown Skin Moisutre Compact Foundation in Cool Ivory 1.25
- BH Cosmetics Studio Pro HD Brow Pencil in Brunette
- MAC Patent Polish in French Kiss
- NYX Born to Glow Illuminating Primer
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Enigma
- NYX Kajal Eyliner in Brown (Not Pictured - didn't work very well for tightlining... /sad Cat)
All opinions are my own and this is not sponsored by any companies mentioned above.